Monday, October 06, 2008

things i need to stop doing: progress?

in response to my previous post...

1. i haven't cried today. i think i kinda cried myself out this weekend, which included much texting with a co-worker/friend friday night who was trying to cheer me up and was going through a bit a self-loathing, as well. one thing he told me that i'm trying to take to heart is "our jobs [aren't] worth that amount of strife". today, while talking with my new old new boss, she told me i needed to "detach". i think both are right. but just because i think it doesn't mean i'll follow it. but i am trying. and that's the hard part.
2. see answer to 3 below.
3. with me not doing traffic at work anymore, i have no reason to talk to my crush anymore. in fact, i really have no reason to talk to anyone at work anymore because copyediting/proofing doesn't really necessitate me to have multiple conversations with anyone. really, the only people i have to talk to are my boss, the art directors, and the traffic managers. yeah. so no more awkward chats or flirting. yay?
4. still working on this. in the middle of writing this, i did tear up a little at work, but no actual crying. progress, eh?

No comments: